Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
Location : Plymouth (Hybrid working)
Salary: £45,089 - £50,618 + pension (matched up to 8%) + 25 days holiday
Full time / Permanent
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to join their team at Devonport. The Major Structures Group of the Facilities Engineering Technical Authority is responsible for all design aspects of the through life management of infrastructure across Devonport Royal Dockyard which has a wide range of facilities developed over the last 400 years.
Who are they looking for?
You'll be educated to degree level in Civil, Structural or related engineering discipline and be a Chartered Engineer, or a candidate capable of demonstrating equivalent skills, knowledge, aptitude and experience.
What will you be doing?
Your responsibilities will include, but won't be limited to:
• The development and approval of new designs.
• Producing technical solutions to deficiencies in existing infrastructure.
• Review and sentencing of new designs, methods of construction and temporary
• works submitted to the Technical Authority
• Supervise the work of a team of engineers
The experience you'll bring
• Sound understanding of engineering design and engineering safety
• Sound project specification, planning project management and budgeting
• Sound experience of the inspection of civil engineering infrastructure, sentencing
• of defect and the development of remedial solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, as you'll be required to
• supervise the work of a team of engineers.
• 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + flexible working
• Pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary
• Employee Share plan