Our client is a team of forward-thinking design and engineering consultants based in Newton Abbot. They have established themselves as a leading consultancy in Structural, Civil and Infrastructure Design Engineering. They are currently expanding and looking to recruit a Senior Structural Engineer to join their team. Previous experience in this role within the UK is essential. As a Senior Structural Engineer your role will involve:
To be considered for the Senior Structural Engineer role you must have:
- Working on a variety of different structures Nationwide.
- Being the primary point of contact on projects, working alongside additional team members and liaising with other Engineering disciplines within the practice.
- You will be responsible for managing the design and deliverables of Structural Engineering schemes.
- Managing Engineers and Technicians and reporting to the Director of Engineering.
- Checking other Engineer's designs and having a hands-on design with design coordination from conception through to completion.
- Liaising regularly with clients, Architects, Contractors and regulatory/statutory authorities.
- Attending site meetings, inspections and progress reporting.
- This role is not simply just checking designs, it will involve hands-on design and design coordination from conception through to completion.
- BEng/MSc or equivalent within Civil/Structural Engineering.
- At least 4 years of significant experience within a design practice environment.
- Experience in managing and delivering the timely design of building structures.
- Be driven and motivated to help grow the business.
- Be self-motivated, a team player, possess a strong work ethic and be able to lead and manage a team to ensure project deadlines and budgets are met.
- Assist with the growth and development of the team.
- Chartered or working towards Chartership would be desirable but not essential.
As a Senior Structural Engineer, youll be required to work 8.30 am-5 pm Mon-Fri with 1hr lunch break taken 1 pm-2 pm (total working hours =37.5hrs/Week) Our client is offering the successful Senior Structural Engineer:
?????Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- The role offers the potential to progress to an Equity Director for the right candidate.
- £30,000 - £55,000.
- Support in working towards chartership.
- 20 days annual leave (increasing on time served to max 25 days) plus bank holidays.
- Pension and discretionary performance bonus.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd which is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.