The Town of Hilton Head Island is seeking a Transportation Engineer to develop and implement traffic engineering, as well as urban transportation planning measures to ensure safe and efficient transportation practices and conditions within the Town. This position will provide analysis and input on multi-modal, complete streets, mass transit, and other transportation projects, programs, studies and initiatives. Successful candidates will be able to maintain effective working relationships with Town employees, community members, SCDOT, Beaufort County and appropriate others in support of assigned duties.
To view job description, Click Here.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related engineering discipline and five (5) years of related experience with considerable experience in traffic engineering/operations and transportation planning; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Category A or B South Carolina Professional Engineering license (or obtain within 6 months)
- International Municipal Signal Assoc. Level II Field Traffic Signal Technician Certification (or obtain within 6 months)
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer certification desired
- May be required to work varied schedule
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for qualified candidates. The salary range for the Transportation Engineer is $78,264 to $121,310 (DOQ). The salary offered will be commensurate with the selected candidate's experience and qualifications.
Our comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, a healthcare reimbursement arrangement and a generous matching 401(k) plan. Relocation assistance is available for candidates relocating to the area.
This position will remain open until filled.