Role: Civil Engineer
Location: Remote Based (Covering the East of England)
Sector: EfW/CCGT/Power Stations
Salary: £60K + benefits
My client is Owner and Developer of energy recovery & CCGT power projects across the UK & Europe, with 4 live assets in the UK and an additional 2 scheduled for build over the next 5 years they are now looking to hire an experienced Civil Engineer, reporting directly to the Group Asset Integrity Manager
The Engineer will have a strong focus on the civil structures at the power station sites, including concrete and steel structures, such as rotating equipment foundations, seawater intake systems, roads, building steelwork & cladding, exhaust stacks, ladders and walkways
The role will include assessment of existing assets and contribution to development project works.
• Provide civil engineering assistance and technical support throughout the business.
• Carry out civil inspections and prepare concise and detailed reports on the findings.
• Review reports prepared by others to ensure that these are precise and concise and meet the expected standard.
• Carry out asset risk assessments based on the results from inspections and incorporate the findings in the asset management systems/plant status review.
• Have the ability to prepare budget estimates for works based on accepted civil engineering guidance.
• Prepare technical specifications for inspection and assessment work incorporating relevant codes of practise and guidance standards.
• Carry out project work to investigate or assess specific civil engineering issues as these become apparent from engineering standards or legislation.
• Supervise contractors to ensure the requirements of the specification are met.
• Review or prepare risk assessments and method statements to a standard consistent with the business practise.
• Ability to effectively plan and manage a range of projects to ensure that required timescales are met.
• Assist in the development and implementation of engineering governance policies.
• Assist in the production and implementation of civil engineering standards and technical guidance documents.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Qualified to degree level in Civil Engineering or related discipline
• Preferably Chartered member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
• Significant relevant experience in Civil Engineering, preferably in a power generation environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
• IT literate.
• Health & Safety trained, preferably to NEBOSH level.
• Experience of a client / operator environment and knowledge needed to enable quality control of contractor technical work, ensuring appropriate techniques and standards.
• Experience of implementing risk-based inspection programs.