We are currently dealing with an expanding engineering consultancy who are looking at recruiting a Senior or Rail Civil Design Engineer in there Birmingham office who are working on a diverse range of projects. Typical duties of the Rail Civil Structural Design Engineer can include, but not limited to:
- Completing design forms (F001-003).
- Structural design in concrete and steel structures i.e., railway structures such as signal gantry, OLE supports.
- Bridge design, refurbishment and strengthening schemes.
- Preparation of technical outputs to the highest standards
- Resolving technical civil engineering issues.
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications.
- Act within a CRE capacity, or work under mentorship to develop into a CRE
- Design software experience such as TEDDS, STAAD, MIDAS or similar
- A minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in the design.
- Ideally experience of working in the UK rail industry with a working knowledge of Network Rail Grip process / standards and approval processes.
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council.
- Eurocode experience
As mentioned, this position would be based in Birmingham so could suit candidates in the surrounding West Midland regions such as Derby, Solihul etc. If this position is of interest, then dont hesitate to contact Sebastian at Critical Project Resourcing.