Senior Civil Engineer (Water) - South West England or Cardiff - circa £45k plus package - also interested in Principal Engineers!
I am working with a leading global consultancy to recruit for a Senior Civil Engineer with water or wastewater engineering experience to join their Design & Engineering team in either Cardiff or Bristol offices. The role holder will provide Optioneering, Outline and Detailed design inputs for AMP7 Frameworks, including Irish Water, South West Water, Welsh Water programmes (across several Framework Contracts) covering diverse and technically demanding and stimulating projects in the areas of Wastewater / Clean-water Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure. Future progression opportunities within this role include moves into technical lead, design lead and project management type positions.
This exciting and challenging role represents a significant opportunity for the right person to showcase their Technical experience and skills, to get involved with the south of the UK's future water and environmental improvement schemes and to join my client's the growing Water Design & Engineering team. Specific duties include:
• Liaison with clients to understand their specific requirements
• Preparation of outline & detailed designs drawings and associated other Construction- Ready documentation
• Inputs to the development of Feasibility level design and Optioneering assessments,
• Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations, reports, drawings and other deliverables, including outline & detailed designs drawings and associated other Construction- Ready documentation,
• Liaison with contractors, the supply chain and other project stakeholders,
• Mentoring and supporting the development of less experienced members of staff.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in Civil Engineering or suitable alternative qualification
• Chartered or Incorporated membership of an appropriate Professional body
• Strong technical design experience on multi-disciplinary projects
• Good working knowledge and understanding of Water Industry Clients and Contractors
• Good motivation, influencing and people management skills
• Knowledge and experience of BIM led design and Civils 3D
• Good working knowledge and understanding of the applicable British Standards, UK Industry Codes of Practice and Water Specifications.