What will you do? We are looking for someone to:
* Provide responsible staff assistance and support to the City Engineer/Public Works Director and Assistant City Engineer.
* Determine the scope of engineering projects; prepare requests for proposals and contracts for consulting services; develop plans, specifications and other contract documents for a variety of engineering projects; make technical engineering decisions and assist with development of technical criteria and standards, calculate the quantity, quality, and cost of materials used for various projects.
* Review plans and calculations of consulting engineers and private contractors for conformance with regulations, specifications, and/or conditions of approval.
* Assist in the management, coordination, inspection, and progress of assigned projects, including capital projects, and ensure conformance with contract plans and specifications; make recommendations on approval of progress payments and change orders, prepare progress reports on projects under construction, and maintain project files.
* Administer National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) programs; assist/conduct plan check review of plans for private and public projects affecting City streets, sewers, drains, and related public works facilities, for compliance with NPDES related requirements; make technical decisions and recommendations regarding appropriate application of “Best Management Practices”.
* Manage City service contracts, including contract development, coordination, and review of services and processing of invoices.
* Meet with property owners, engineers, contractors, architects, and the general public concerning interpretation and application of City and Department policies and procedures.
* Respond verbally and in writing to citizen inquiries and complaints; investigate field problems, including but not limited to grading, encroachment permits, right- of-way, property line information, utility information, slope stability, stormwater and groundwater issues, improvement plan check and payment processes.
* Administer and oversee a variety of projects and programs as assigned, which may include: the Capital Improvement Program, Traffic Regulatory Program, Graffiti Abatement Program, Fleet Maintenance Program, Crossing Guard Program, and City Transit Program.
* Participate in the development of the City Engineer/Public Works Department budget; assist with the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies, and recommend budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary; assist with procurement of equipment and capital project budget monitoring; and assist with engineering fee analysis.
* Provide review and oversight of land development projects, subdivision maps, and associated improvement plans; meet with potential developers to review engineering requirements for development projects; prepare design/mitigation conditions of approval; review sureties and agreements for grading and improvements; inspect during and post construction for compliance with conditions of approval.
*. Prepare or review maps, easement language, legal descriptions, and deeds.
* Assist with issuance of grading and encroachment permits.
*. Signs off on documents and reports and performs other duties requiring certification as a Professional Engineer in the State of California.
* Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the fields of City Engineering and Public Works.
* Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws and regulations.
Associate Civil Engineer: 4 years of professional engineering experience, including experience in municipal engineering and public works.
Senior Civil Engineer: 6 years of professional engineering experience, including experience in municipal engineering and public works and 2 years of supervisory experience.
A valid certificate of registration as a Professional Civil Engineer issue by the State of California and a valid CA driver's license.
This position is open until filled and may close at any time. We encourage early applications.
The first review of applications will be on Monday, September 12th.
For a complete job description and to apply, go to: www.moorparkca.gov/jobs