Structural Engineer- Derby- Up to £45k, Holidays 25 days (plus bank hols), Pension, Health Care (after 2 years of service), Sick Pay, Discount scheme, Yearly reviews / PDR, Training / Progression plan, Phone, Laptop (to the required specification you need) & equipment, ExpensesCompany
UK's leading sustainable frame contractor specialising in the design and delivery of timber and steel hybrid structures. Role
To work on building design from early stages through connections and temporary works, as well as research and development.Skills and experience
- Degree level education in structural engineering or similar is required, with MEng/MSc, PhD and CEng qualifications valued.
- 3-5 years experience in design of steel and/or timber structures.
- Strong communication will help you work collaboratively with colleagues, other construction professionals and research institutions.
- Should have a good working knowledge of Eurocodes and an appreciation of their underlying principles.
- You will be expected to develop a fundamental understanding of related fields such as structural fire design, building physics, architecture, and manufacturing.
- Have a strong passion for sustainable construction and want to make the next step in their career.
- Adaptability, technical skill and good communication.
Please note that we cannot consider candidates who require sponsorship and you must also be able to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.What to do next...
If you are interested in this role, please contact Petra Viola-Makk at Barker Ross on 07824069855 or email your CV to .
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in MMC & White-Collar Construction recruitment, we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type, please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me