Structural Engineer Required- to work on Architectural and Secondary Steelwork Design
Our client is a long established steelwork fabrication company that specialize in the design, manufacture, and installation of a very wide variety of Architectural Steelwork as well as secondary steelwork. Located in the Leighton Buzzard region, they now seek an experienced Structural / Steelwork Engineer to front their new Design office and to work alongside their establish Drawing Office of Tekla detailers and the Technical Department.
This is a senior position within the company, so comes with a salary circa £50k - £60k D.O.E. with company benefits and ongoing career development opportunities and relocation expenses.
* Producing steelwork designs to Eurocode/BS standards for Architectural and secondary steelwork structures.
* Provide moment connection design and technical design advice to internal Drawing Office staff as required.
* Assist with tender design/value engineering as required.
* Attend design, progress meetings as required including job launches.
* Work closely with internal D.O. helping with connection or design queries and checking structural integrity of their work.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience working in Steelwork Design - both frame design and connection design.
* Particular experience designing Architectural steelwork would be an advantage but not essential.
* Chartered or non - chartered engineers welcome to apply.
* Experience using steelwork design/engineering software packages.
* Salary circa £50k - £60k D.O.E.
* Company benefits commensurate with the position.
* Relocation expenses.
* A very friendly working environment.
* Career development opportunities.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
All applications must be accompanied by an up to date CV.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis.
Steel Connexions Ltd. is a specialist recruitment company, dedicated to the structural steelwork industry, and associated trades, owned and managed by industry experts