Role: Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer
Salary: Very competitive salary and package offered
We excel in providing the highest quality Civil, Structural and Geoenvironmental consultancy service across all market sectors.
To meet our increasing workload and expanding client base we are currently seeking an enthusiastic experienced Senior Geoenvironmental Engineer for our Leeds office. Ideally with 5 to 10 years or more of relevant experience.
* Lead in delivering technical reports (Phase I and II) providing geoenvironmental design input, primarily to built-environment projects.
* Designing and costing ground investigation projects and providing both office and site-based management of all aspects of intrusive works.
* Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior staff.
* Proactive liaison with clients, stakeholders, regulators, sub-contractors and other members of the design team.
* Ensuring that all work is delivered in line with JPG procedures and policies and to the highest safety, health and environmental standards.
Knowledge and Skills
* Bachelor's degree in Earth and Environmental Sciences, or other relevant subject.
* Master's degree in Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or other relevant subject.
* Working to, or achieved chartered status with CIWEM, CIEH, Geological Society or similar.
* Contaminated land and/or geotechnical focus, with experience in hands-on management of site investigation works.
* Must be able to log soil and rock to current standards and schedule laboratory analysis/testing for soil and water samples.
* Demonstrable knowledge of remediation options appraisals and strategies is desirable.
* Demonstrable knowledge of engineering geology and foundation design is desirable.
* Demonstrable knowledge of detailed human health and/or controlled waters assessments (DQRA) is desirable.
* Highly numerate, with ability to understand and manage large datasets.
* Capability of producing written reports to the highest standard, with a focus on attention to detail and presentation of technical information clearly and concisely.
* Works well in a team environment with excellent communication skills as well as being able to work autonomously / independently'.
* Strong focus on health and safety.
* Valid driving licence.
* Be willing to work away from home as and when required (though only for short periods).
* Right to work in the UK without restriction