Graduate Structural Engineer
A well-established engineering company.
As an integral member of the small UK Design Office, working alongside the larger Malaysian team, the Structural Engineer will directly report to the Detailed Engineering Group Manager to support the Project and Process Engineering teams in the production of structural calculations and design sketches.
Provide steel weight estimates and concept designs in full accordance with company standards and clients' project specifications, to assist the Sales department at the bidding stage.
Work as a team member dedicated to fulfilling the project design requirements.
Structural Design of heater components.
Preparation of clear design sketches.
Monitor job progress within specified schedules.
Assist in the development of STAAD, SAP2000, other 3D CAD systems and in-house standards.
Check drawings and structural calculations and analyses from colleagues and sub vendors.
Liaise with sub-contractors regarding contracted-out structural design work.
Other duties as assigned from time to time
1. Degree level in a mechanical or structural engineering discipline.
2. Previous experience of working in a 3D analysis environment is essential.
3. High standard of analytical & technical problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
4. Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
5. Knowledge of STAAD is essential, knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Caesar, SAP2000 and Tekla advantageous.
The salary offered for this position is £22,000- £28,000pa to a candidate that can meet all key qualifications and abilities.
We operate & advertise as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions