Principal Structural Engineer - Bridges - CardiffRef BR000106Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + benefits
This is a brilliant opportunity for a knowledgeable and experienced Bridge Engineer to assume a Principal position in an established and talented Structures team of a highly successful multidisciplinary consultancy. Our client has an impressive portfolio of innovative and sustainable civil and structural engineering projects, and, with the prosperity of the local community at the heart of every project undertaken, the team can proudly say that their work makes a real and positive difference. Working as part of the dynamic Cardiff office, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of regional and UK-wide projects.In this role of Principal Structural Engineer, you will:
In order to be considered for this Principal Structural Engineer Position, you will:
- Undertake feasibility studies, including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems and identifying options.
- Take a leading role in the design, inspection and/or assessment of major civil engineering structures and bridges.
- Design projects in accordance with the Design Manual for Roads and Bridgeworks, and Manual of Contract Documents for Highways Works.
- Prepare schemes for tender typically using the NEC3/4 Forms of Contract.
- Have a degree in Civil Engineering or another related subject accredited by the Engineering Council.
- Have, or be approaching, Chartered Member Status of the Institution of CEng MICE or CEng IStructE.
- Have extensive knowledge and thorough understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
- Have practical knowledge and experience of project management of bridge projects.
- Have professional experience of design in, or assessment of, steel, reinforced and prestressed concrete bridge structures.
- Have professional experience of grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software packages such as LUSAS, Midas, Superstress and SAM.
Our client is offering a competitive starting salary, full benefits package, a supportive and vibrant working environment, company matched pension, competitive annual leave, and numerous exciting opportunities for career development.
To find out more about this Structural Engineer (Bridges) role, please email your CV to Bee at .