About The RoleWe are currently recruiting for Water Supply Pipe Engineers!
- Location Lancasteror within a 20 minute drive of a LA postcode
- Full Time - 40 hours a week including some evening, weekend and bank holiday work
- Salary - Between £28,631- £32,626 depending upon experience and a £3,000 signing on bonus!
As part of your role you will be attending customers properties, identifying leaks on the water supply pipes, excavating ground to fix pipes and making the ground good once complete.
If you have experience as a labourer, are hardworking and keen to learn we are interested in hearing from you! Due to the role you must be comfortable working outdoor in all-weather types.A little more about the role:
As a Water Supply Pipe Engineer you will represent the HomeServe brand and undertake the maintenance and repair work of mains water pipes in private domestic properties. You will provide industry leading service aligned with our customer and people promises, to help us enhance our reputation and drive customer growth.
We offer an industry leading reward package to attract the best in our field.Additional information/Benefits
About The CandidateEssential - As a Water Supply Pipe Engineer we need you to have the following:
- Basic starting salary of up to £28,631, rising to over £35,000 with experience gained in the role. Our salaries are reviewed annually to make sure they are competitive
- £3,000 signing on bonus (This is split into two payments, £1,500 on passing your 6 month probation and £1,500 upon 12 months service)
- Additional voluntary paid overtime is regularly available for those in our teams with a desire to do and earn more
- Our defined contribution Pension Scheme delivers greater retirement benefits than many auto-enrolment pension schemes
- Annual leave that increases each year to a maximum of 33 days which includes bank holidays
- Additional leave can be bought (or sold back for additional take home pay)
- Our online benefits portal provides great discounts across a range of retailers
- Our Employee assistance programme is there not just for you, but also your family
- You will have your own company vehicle, fuel card and access to all the necessary parts and tools to do the job
- Full uniform and safety equipment is provided
- We are continually investing in our technology
- We have a bespoke private award winning training facility, backed up by field based coaching teams to support your ongoing learning and development in the role
- Experience of working as a labourer in all-weather types
- Must hold a full UK driving license, with 6 or less penalty points.
- Must be able to approach and resolve problems logically
- Can demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm for the task in hand
- Excellent customer service skills
- It would also be great if you had experience with:
- Previous experience in the maintenance of water supply pipes
- Has the ability to deal with customers effectively.
- Ideally WIAPS and CCNSG or NVQ Level 2 - but not essential.
- Experience of working in an FCA Regulated environment
Youll work in a fun, friendly, inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. Youll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers lives.Training & Support
In order to use the relevant systems and work as a Water Supply Pipe Engineer for HomeServe, youll need to undertake our extensive training programme. The initial training will consist of 4 weeks of support prior to being signed-off to work on your own. During week 1 the training will be Monday Thursday, 9am 5pm and based in Nottingham. Where geographically appropriate we will pay for your accommodation. This will be classroom based training where you have a corporate induction to HomeServe and cover off Health & Safety, tools and equipment. There will then be 3 weeks where you buddy up with an experienced Water Supply Pipe Engineer in your area.Could you be who we are looking for?
Its our People that truly make what we do so special. As part of the HomeServe family your job will be to put our Customers first and we will give you everything you need to make this happen.About The Company
Here at HomeServe, we work hard to build an inclusive, supportive, fun and collaborative culture that empowers all our People to do the right thing.
Whether you work on the frontline, talking to Customers on the phone or in their homes or you work in our Support Functions, we focus on putting Customers' needs at the heart of everything we do.