Purpose of the role
Lead the determination and development of allocated Buildings and Civil Engineering requirements to support renewal, refurbishment and enhancement investment interventions. Lead the production of project requirement specifications and acceptance criteria for Buildings and Civil Engineering works to achieve the required scope and quality.
About the role
1. Contribute to the development of Asset Management Plan (AMP) and the prioritised workbank. Manage the inclusion of allocated items into appropriate programmes and monitor through to completion, including approval of programme changes. Determine and advise on the implications if work is not undertaken in the recommended time-frame including impact on appropriate asset measures and outputs.
2. Lead the development and implementation of the Buildings and Civils renewal, refurbishment and enhancement work bank.
3. Lead the specification and acceptance of the renewal requirements criteria for Building and Civil Engineering works including design approval and any specific requirements for acceptance of completed works into maintenance.
4. Following handover to delivery, support the development and implementation of projects to confirm the renewals requirements are correctly interpreted, that any changes in scope are agreed, the agreed deliverables in the asset management plan are delivered and that the scheme delivers the project remit.
5. Lead the provision of Building and Civil Engineering input to enhancement projects such that they are specified and accepted in accordance with asset management plans.
6. Check that accurate and comprehensive records relating to the existence, configuration and modification history of Building and Civil Engineering assets are maintained and that they accurately reflect their current ‘as built‘ status.
1. Participate in investigations of incidents as required.
2. Lead and participate in engineering verification activities in support of the verification programme.
3. Contribute to the development and maintenance asset management plans.
Carry out asset condition inspections that will inform the Buildings and Civil Engineering asset condition database and the renewals work bank.
What we are looking for
* Incorporated Engineer
* Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent
* Membership of relevant professional institution
* Substantial Building and Civil Engineering experience, particularly related to renewals and enhancements
* Holds relevant professional licences and technical qualifications, or capable of achieving within reasonable timescales
* An understanding of policy and technical, safety and performance standards relating to Building and Civil Engineering
* Holds valid UK driving licence, or eligible and willing to obtain
* Chartered Engineer
* An understanding of safety management systems and risk assessment techniques
* Knowledge of investment processes and procedures, including relevant computer systems
* Experience in the integration of complex engineering systems
About the contract
Amey Infrastructure Wales (AIW) operations the infrastructure maintenance of the Core Valley Line (CVL) in Wales and you can influence the future of Welsh infrastructure.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. Please contact our recruitment team to discuss any access needs and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process