Mech Tech Professionals are actively recruiting for a Structural Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering client in Bristol. We require candidates with structural design and engineering experiences covering heavy industry projects.
The successful candidate will be involved in Nuclear and Defence sector related projects, focusing on larger scale steel structures, pressure vessels, storage tanks, as well as construction related temporary work design. Nuclear industry experienced preferred or experience in a highly regulated industry
Key detailed responsibilities will include:
* Perform Design Analysis in accordance with the company's processes, procedures and instructions for the company's Design Scope.
* Full report writing
* Compose Technical Queries and Concessions Requests
* Perform quick Design Impact Analysis
* To estimate time required for its production
* Check Design Analysis production
* Proactively give optimisation feedback to the Senior Analyst Engineer and/or Engineering Design Lead
* Have the capability to define and organise the Design Analysis package production
* Support the Engineering Design Lead with project and tender costing
* Justify Design Impacts and proactively find solutions
* Actively contribute when required to Design Reviews
* Proactively seek best approaches with regards to HSE requirements
* Manage Design Analysis Changes and Configurations
* Drive and mentor other Junior Analyst Engineers
* Be responsible for subcontracted Design Analysis
To be considered for this position, the following experience, skills and qualifications are essential:
- Structural Design Degree (or equivalent)
- Design Analysis and Calculation/Dimensioning
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry
- Structural Design Analysis Software (ideally AUTODESK ROBOT for numerical Design Analysis)
- Understanding and experience of MathCAD
- Microsoft Proficient (Word and Excel packages)
- Ability to perform Structural Design Analysis (hand assessment, numerical assessment, when required impact analysis using FEA)
- Ability to estimate costs and lead time for design analysis activities
- Analyse given work information into requirements for its Design Analysis.
- Manage Design Analysis changes and Design Analysis configurations
- Extract requirements from Standards, Regulations, Specifications…
- To always ensure compliancy with BS EN 1990 and BS EN 1993
The following skills and experience are advantageous.
- Experience in the nuclear and/or Defence sectors is highly advantageous
- Experience in 3D models and constructability reviews
- Sufficient engineering capability to create effective engineered solutions
- Mechanical Design Analysis Software (ideally ANSYS WORKBENCH for specific for tank design)
- Experience with mechanical design and with the associated means required to assess the validity of these mechanical designs (for instance FEA analysis or hand calculation)
- Experience with design related to structures, pressure vessels, tanks, piping and piping supports, and the associated means required to assess the validity of these mechanical designs
- Knowledge of ASME VIII, ASME B 31.3, API 650, EN 13445, EN 13480, EN 14015, PD5500 or other industry standards
- Knowledge of BS EN 1090 Standard
- Knowledge of Weld Dimensioning
- Experience with ANSYS, MathCAD, AutoCAD Robot
- Experience with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D and SolidWorks
- Experience with PDMS
- Quality and HSE key Laws and Standards
- Management of Design changes and Design configuration.
- Management of peers and/or subcontractors
- Experience with customer relationship
- Experience having relationship with suppliers/subcontractors
- Experience in presenting design package and solutions to customers, suppliers/subcontractors
Hours of work: 38 hours per week.
We are keen to speak to Structural Engineers who has a wealth of experience in structural design, Calculations, design analysis with FEA and ideally MathCAD knowledge.
Mech Tech Professionals is operating as an Employment Agency.
Once you apply to this job, your application will be reviewed by Mech Tech Professionals. If your application is successful, a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear from us within 7 days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
All candidates registering with Mech Tech Professionals will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position