Graduate Civil Engineer (Bridge Design)
£25,000 - £35,000 DOE
My client is a well-regarded multidisciplinary consultancy with a network of regional offices across the UK employing circa 550 people. They do a diverse range of work with projects from houses all the way through to projects with £200 million construction values.
Due to an increase in workload they are seeking to recruit a Graduate Civil Engineer (Bridge Design) with 2 years' + experience to join their busy office in Newcastle.
The ideal candidate will have at least a year's relevant UK experience, any experience within ports and harbours would be of extreme interest.
As a Graduate Bridge Engineer, you will be supporting senior staff on:
- Bridge Inspections
- Site inceptions
- Supporting senior staff with design and design checks
- Detailed design and calculations
- Inspection Reports
- Calculation Reports
- Answering technical queries from contractors
The skills and experience we look for in our graduates:
- On track to receive an honours degree in Civil Engineering with an interest in structural, geotechnical or bridges.
- You will have relevant work experience gained through summer placements and internships.
- Finally, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time you start employment.
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- 33 days annual leave including public holidays
- Paid overtime beyond standard 37.5 hour working week
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Cash Back Health Plan Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Loyalty Bonus
- Professional Qualification Bonus
- Employee Reward Scheme
- Employee Professional Subscriptions Paid including Institution of Civil Engineers Training Agreement Fee's