A well-established multi-disciplinary Civil and Structural Engineering Consultancy that is based in the East Midlands. The business offers civil and structural engineering design services to a wide range of clients, project types and values. Due to increasing project commissions and appointments, the firm are looking to appoint a Civil Engineer to join their growing delivery team.
Typical roles & responsibilities:
* Collaborating with the project delivery team to create/develop foul and surface water drainage designs.
* Collaborating with the project delivery team to create/develop highway/roadway/car parking designs.
* Providing high quality concept, preliminary and detailed technical designs for SuDS components, for adoptable as well as private drainage schemes.
* Carrying out a range of drainage calculations, including QBar, attenuation storage, soakaway sizing, foul loads, pipeline capacities and pipe network analysis for a range of drainage applications.
* Preparing Developer Enquiries, Environment Agency product requests and LLFA information requests, relating to drainage designs, flood risk assessments and drainage strategies.
* Preparing S104, S106 and S185 application forms and associated packages for submission to the Drainage Authority and Planning Authority.
* Report writing, e.g., Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Strategies, Technical Notes in response to Planning Authority queries.
* Calculation of traffic profiles in order to determine pavement/road build-up designs.
* Preparing S278, S38 application forms and associated packages for submission to the Highway Authority and Planning Authority.
* Using Microdrainage (Windes) to create, analyse, simulate, and size the network drainage and SuDS components, as well as understand and interpret the analysis results.
* Using Civil 3D to carry out a range of design assignments such as groundworks platforms, highways alignments and profiles, cut/fill exercises, and external works layouts.
* Flexible working
* Company Pension
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Private Healthcare
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays