Career Opportunity: Geotechnical Engineer - Project Advisor
Here at Jackson, we are dynamic, innovative and focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting and varied projects. We want our people to succeed both in work and life and to support this we promote a healthy, productive, and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
We are recruiting a Geotechnical Engineer - Project Advisor (Assist Geotechnical Engineer dependant on levels of experience) to strengthen the existing team given a predicted increase in the number of projects where Ground and Site investigations are to be carried out by JCE and its supply chain. This role will predominantly be office-based / Home based but expected to visit sites and client / consultant's offices regularly to help develop scopes and develop solutions for the projects located across the entire Midlands region (Welsh Boards to the Lincolnshire Coast.
* The role of Geotechnical Engineer (Assistant Geotechnical Engineer) requires the development of scopes to gather all necessary project site and ground investigation data, along with supporting the programme and scheme costs to establish project deliverables for client's approval and subsequent delivery by Jackson's supply chain.
* The role also presents an opportunity having been involved in the scoping to manage the procurement and supervision and reporting of those services on the ground, working closely with our supply chain the client and consultants.
* To produce regular reports on the status of the projects and attend key project, design, and construction team meetings across the projects.
* To collaborate with other Jackson's key functions, client, designers, community, stakeholders, and public relations managers to ensure the portfolio projects are achieved.
* Experience of working in Ground Investigation sector.
* Ability to precure, manage and deliver various Ground investigation contracts, using various investigation techniques.
* Experience of various projects in this sector, with a good working knowledge of current technical guidance and best practice.
* Ability to critically review scope and specifications to ensure that deliverable, suitable and appropriate for development, providing "value for Money" client.
* Ability to manage client expectations and ensure works are delivered in a timely manner.
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Working towards (or hold) Profession Geotechnical recognised membership or equivalent
* Experience in dealing with Statutory Bodies, Clients, specialists, subcontractors, supply chain etc.
* Good knowledge of Geotechnical and survey considerations and the associated construction / project management considerations, through experience, training, and education. Willing to undertake further training.
* Experience of promoting good practices relating to sustainability, carbon reduction' sharing best practice and learning.
Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don't just offer a great place to work with a supportive, family atmosphere. We also offer:
* Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
* Company car or car allowance
* Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
* Extensive training programmes
* Cycle-to-work scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Employee benefits platform
* Free on-site parking
* Company social calendar
* Regular fun days and a broad range of charity events
* A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career.
* "The Great Escape" - this is an early finish on a Friday
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments. Due to the high volume of applications, we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within two weeks, please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful