Our client is looking for a Temporary Works Co-ordinator (Civil Engineering Project).
Co-ordination of Temporary Works between site teams and designers
Responsible for following:
* Review of TW design briefs prepared by site teams
* Issue of approved briefs to framework designers
* Management of designs to ensure requirements are met and appropriate levels of checking are carried out
* Ensure implementation on site follows approved and checked designs
* Site inspections and issue of TW Permits
The successful candidate will be based to the Riverlinx CJV to design and construct the Silvertown Tunnel. This new tunnel will connect the Greenwich peninsula and the Silvertown district. The design includes a 1.4-kilometre twin-bore road tunnel under the River Thames as well as 0.6-kilometres of access ramps. It will connect south of the River Thames with the access to the existing Blackwall Tunnel and north of the River Thames with the Tidal Basin Roundabout, in Silvertown, easing traffic congestion in this key London location.
Minimum Requirements for the Position:
Education and Qualifications :
* Degree qualification in civil engineering or equivalent is desirable
* May be working towards Chartership/Incorporation with IStructE, ICE or other appropriate professional body
Experience, Skills and Behavioural Competencies
* Experience of overseeing a broad range of different Temporary Works schemes, preferably as a TWC or TWS
* Experience in design and/or engineering management
* Working knowledge of Temporary Works management procedures, particularly BS5975.
* Experience in the delivery of major infrastructure projects
* Awareness of commercial processes
* Manage design developments till approval and implementation
* Liaise with different designers simultaneously
* Obtaining of relevant certificates and approvals by relevant bodies, designers, client
* Manage and coordinate Temporary Works Supervisors
* Comply with commercial processes