Job Role: Structural Engineer
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Salary: £50000 per annum
CALLING ALL STRUCTURAL STEEL ENGINEERS!!!
A well known company based in Barnsley is looking for for a Structural Engineer with experience designing steel structures. This role will give the successful candidate the opportunity of working on award winning structures in the UK. it will afford you the opportunity of joining a company that is truly at the forefront of the construction industry ,with over 70 years in business and a stable track record with their clients.
If you are a Chartered Engineer looking for your next challenge then this could be the role that will take your career to the next level.
Does this sound like an ideal role for you?
* Your role as Structural Engineer will require you to develop design ideas using current industry software, apply loadings to and calculate stresses and load paths through different parts of a structure.
* You will need to work closely with clients, colleagues and other industry professionals to ensure that projects meet budget requirements, legal guidelines, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements.
* You will provide progress reports to clients and senior managers and support in preparing bids for tenders.
* You will be expected to Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Must have substantial structural steel experience
* You must have a robust knowledge of structural mechanics and engineering principles, excellent design calculation capabilities and experience of using sector-related software packages such as Tekla Structural Designer (Fastrak Building Designer), Fastrak Portal Frame, Masterframe / STAAD PRO, Masterseries Connections etc.
* Extensive experience in working within a structural design role, preferably also with experience in connection design.
* Ideally either Chartered or working towards Chartered status.
A competitive basic salary and company benefits are available to the successful applicant.
You will be working for a company truly invested in growing it's talent and a friendly and supportive working culture