We have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer to join us at our head office in Leeds (LS9). Our Structural Engineers will maintain and develop the ACS range of calculations. They will also support the technical department in developing non-standard solutions (FEA & hand calcs) and provide high level technical advice to external customers.
- Manage and develop ACS technical calculation suite to ensure it meets current standards and fits the needs of the technical department.
- Improve functionality of suite to enable calculation of new products or extended ranges of products.
- Provide engineering assistance to the technical department via the team leads for situations above and beyond the standard calculation limits.
- Complete calculations (hand or FEA) for bespoke site scenarios, ensuring that solution is designed to necessary standards.
- Considering ACS manufacturing methodology and customer requirements to ensure that product is value engineered, easy to manufacture, and easy to fit on site.
- Where required, provide engineering assistance to external customers to alleviate any site issues or to support in bespoke scenarios.
The ideal candidate:
- Degree qualified in structural engineering is desirable
- A good knowledge of engineering principles and construction methods with a particular focus on Eurocode 3 preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience within the construction sector
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes would be beneficial
- Previous experience of FEA is preferred
What'sin it for you?
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm (with 1 hour lunch)
- 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays increasing to 25 days with service
- Healthcare Plan after 12 months service (dental, medical and physio cover)
- On-site Gym
- Modern Facilities
- Great Transport Links
- Continual Development