Our client are a leading provider of HV engineering services to the Distributed Generation markets to include Battery Storage, Gas Generation Peaking Plants, Low Carbon, Solar & Wind.Civil and structural design engineer
Due to continued growth they are now looking for a Civil & Structural Design Engineer that will report to the civil design manager. You'll undertake substation civil and structural design up to and including 132kV for Independent / Private Network Connections (ICP), United Utilities, Yorkshire Water, and UK DNOs including UK Power Networks, Western Power Distribution and Northern Power Grid.
* Coordinating project requirements at design stage with our civil, electrical, protection and control team Interpreting geotechnical surveys and undertaking structural calculations from first principles
* Conducting temporary works design and associated structural calculations
* Foundation design - including reinforced concrete
* Designing of substation buildings, access roadways, security fencing systems and surface and foul drainage solutions
* Undertaking structural design/calculations
* Ensuring the law is always complied with (including Health & Safety at Work Act, Electricity at Work, ESQCR and CDM Regulations)
* Understanding the standards and specifications used within the industry
* Having an excellent working knowledge of the plant and systems utilised on electrical infrastructure projects covering substations (secondary distribution up to 132kV), underground cable installations up to and including 132kV and overhead lines up to and including 132kV.
Skills & Experience
* Degree / HNC / HND or equivalent in a relevant discipline
* Working knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015 in relation to the role of the designer Civil and structural design experience regarding DNO networks operating up to 132kV
* The ability to acquire technical knowledge quickly, in line with evolving energy service provisions
* Awareness of the appropriate UK legislation and standards Corporate membership with the ICE and working towards CEng status