Our Client based in Dover is seeking a Structural Engineer
Structural Engineer job role
This is a new role within the Structures team which manages and supervises projects teams relating to the inspection, assessment, replacement and design of new structures.
* Undertaking structural design and assessment of Maritime, Highways and Buildings assets.
* Preparing and reviewing designs, specifications, drawings and contract documents.
* Working collaboratively within our engineering team and with our wider stakeholders to successfully deliver & manage projects under NEC forms of contract.
* You will be responsible for preparing project documents, managing budgets, risk and ensuring projects are delivered safely and in compliance with all requirements.
* Preparing technical guidance for the wider business to ensure safe use of the Port's assets.
* Assisting with the management & implementation of the Port's Inspections regime using our in-house team of inspectors and external consultants/Specialists as necessary and providing recommendations to the business on long term asset maintenance.
Structural Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
* BEng or MEng and Chartered Engineer, or working towards, with the Institution of Civil Engineers or Structural Engineers or equivalent.
* • Minimum 5 years experience post-graduation of undertaking civil and structural engineering works. • Experience of undertaking feasibility studies, design, assessments and specifications for civil and structural engineering works
* Strong user skills in structural engineering software.
* Good user skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Must hold a valid driving license and use of own vehicle
£35-50K pa D.O.E