Role: Structural Engineer
Salary: £25k to £35k
* Maintain and develop the company range of calculations.
* Support the technical department in developing non-standard solutions (FEA & hand calcs).
* Provide high level technical advice to external customers
* Responsible to Engineering Development Manager
* Manage and develop company technical calculation suite to ensure it meets current standards and fits the needs of the technical department.
* Improve functionality of suite to enable calculation of new products or extended ranges of products.
* Provide engineering assistance to the technical department via the team leads for situations above and beyond the standard calculation limits.
* Complete calculations (hand or FEA) for bespoke site scenarios, ensuring that solution is designed to necessary standards. Also considering our manufacturing methodology and customer requirements to ensure that product is value engineered, easy to manufacture, and easy to fit on site.
* Where required, provide engineering assistance to external customers to alleviate any site issues or to support in bespoke scenarios.
Skills / Experience:
* Good knowledge of engineering principles and construction methods - essential
* Previous knowledge of Eurocode 3
* Knowledge of manufacturing process
* Produce hand calculations for bespoke engineering designs - essential
* Ability to work on multiple projects at any one time - essential
* Relate engineering design to manufacturing methodology
* Ability to explain engineering issues to clients
* Degree qualified in Engineering - essential
* 2 years minimum experience in the construction sector - essential
* Degree qualified in Structural Engineering
* Previous experience of FEA
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation