We are currently working with an ever-expanding Engineering consultancy who are looking at growing their Rail Bridge and/or Structures team in Bristol by recruiting a Graduate or Assistant Engineer to work within the technical design environment on various Rail Civil, Structural and Bridge Engineering schemes working under mentorship of more experienced Chartered Engineers. This means Chartership is being supported with the said consultancy offering full support if preparing for Chartership and can provide an Institution of Civil Engineers training agreement.
Ideally with are looking for a Graduate who has some practical experience via an internship or similar. Alternatively, they are also open to an Assistant Civil Structural Design Engineer who is looking for change. Within the role your job duties will include, but not be limited to
- Design of civil and structural schemes (bridges)
- Review and checks of other schemes prepared by others
- Carrying out inspections and surveys of structures and preparing reports
- Undertaking feasibility / optionstudies
- Provision of site support to contractors
- Preparation of project programmes and cost estimates
- Production of quotations for clients and responding to tender enquiries
- Meng or Beng within either Civil or Structural Engineering
- Practical experience within Structural or Civil Engineering via an internship or similar.
- Broad experience in the use and application of common engineering software and IT.
- Good written English
As mentioned, this position is based in Bristol, so suit candidates in the surrounding Southwest areas such as Swindon or Cardiff. If this position is of interest, then dont hesitate to contact Sebastian at Critical Project Resourcing.