Location - Warrington
Salary - £25,000 - £35,000 - Dependant on experience
The Geo-Environmental Engineer is responsible for participating in site investigations for both geotechnical and environmental content, seeing the project through from commencement to completion. All project work to be carried out adhering to company procedures and completed within budget and timescale. Good communication skills needed plus financial management experience. The candidate must work well within a team environment and be self-motivated.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with projects in the Manchester Noth West area as directed by the Team Leader or other project staff. More specifically you will be:
* Participating in a variety of geo-environmental projects for both external clients
* Assisting with ground investigations and desk studies;
* Soil logging to current UK standards, including laboratory scheduling;
* Experience of soil sampling plus water monitoring/sampling;
* Writing factual and interpretative reports;
* Geotechnical reporting requirements beneficial;
* Knowledge of contaminated land legislation and reporting requirements;
* Preparing factual site investigation data;
This particular role would be suitable for applicants who are looking to develop their career to the next stage. Critically you will understand the importance of building strong working relationships by delivering a successful service on time and within budget.
* BSc or equivalent in Geology, Environmental Science or similar;
* MSc desirable but not essential;
* Working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution;
* Typically requires a minimum 1-3 years specific relevant experience;
* An understanding of geology, ground investigation works, contaminated land, geotechnics;
* Experience of site inspections and reporting.
* Able to complete factual and interpretative assessments to a basic level;
* Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy;
* Track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
For more information contact SEDR Recruitment