Graduate Opportunities Scotland : Water Consultancy : Wastewater Engineer and Wastewater Modeller
RPS are recruiting Graduates in Civil Engineering, Geography, Environmental Science, GIS, Computing or Mathematics-
to join our Water Consultancy team with roles available in Glasgow and Edinburgh. The Water Industry is exciting and evolving, providing challenges and opportunities which require innovation, efficiency, dedication and collaboration to meet our clients' challenging needs.
RPS is unique in the water industry, with our strategy to operations approach bringing together the practical operational knowledge of our field teams together with the deep technical understanding of our engineers, modellers, analysts and asset managers. This enables us to develop and deliver confidently pragmatic water strategies, solving problems that matter to our clients and their customers - reducing flooding and pollution and optimising performance of their systems.
The Graduate roles available in the strategy team will combine office/home-based working alongside professionals who are at the forefront of the industry, with opportunities to complete site work where required for data collection.
Career Pathways available for candidates joining us in a Graduate position include:
- Waste Water Modelling
- Waste Water Engineering
Key office locations available are Glasgow and Edinburgh Typical Responsibilities (variable depending on your career pathway):
Skills, Education & Qualifications required
- Data handling and analysis of large datasets
- Survey planning and supervision
- Extensive use of GIS, including software such as MapInfo, QGIS and ArcGIS
- Statistical analysis of data
- Preparation of factual and interpretative reports
- Construction, verification and analysis of hydraulic sewer network models using InfoWorks ICM software
- Integrated catchment modelling, including pluvial, fluvial and interactions between rivers and sewers
- Catchment planning, risk assessment and intervention strategy
- Client and stakeholder engagement and management
- Provide input to development, maintenance and documentations of bespoke software tools and applications
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Geography, Environmental Science, GIS, Computing or Mathematics
- Modules covering wastewater, hydraulics, GIS or flood risk are desirable but not essential
- Good communication skills and written English
- Ability to work in a team to solve problems that matter
- Computing skills including previous experience of Excel
Closing date for applications is 31st August 2022
. Interviews and assessments for shortlisted candidates will take place shortly after this date for applicants with an immediate start. What we offer you
RPS is a great place to do great work. PROGRESS@RPS is our global performance and development framework, which puts our employees in the driving seat of their growth and development so that our people achieve their personal and professional ambitions and ensures our people feel valued for the contribution they make.
In the water team we provide in-depth on-the-job training to complement the full catalogue of learning modules available through our online learning platform, POD (Progress on Demand). Our graduates are part of small teams, taking ownership of projects, their own workload and development to allow individuals to rapidly gain the skills required. We encourage graduates to rise to the challenge and push for progression through the business using our development pathways which allows our employees to specialise as they step up from graduate level.
We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with a customisable total rewards package tailored to their terms of employment. About RPS Group
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.