Director, Local Paving - Southwest US (CA, NV, UT, AZ, NM)
Executive Vice President and Division Head, Local Paving
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS:
Local Paving Technical and Promotion Support
DATE OF UPDATE:
SUMMARY: Increase paving market share for ready mixed products through promotion, design, and construction activities.
· Deliver concrete parking and street paving projects through promotion, design, and construction activities at the local, regional, and state level.
· Support and coordinate technical and promotional efforts of NRMCA members.
· Develop and expand relationships with national, regional, and local entities and public works agencies that design, specify, and construct pavements to increase use of ready mixed paving products.
· Create opportunities and identify projects to develop pavement design proposals.
· Understand and integrate sustainability and resiliency concepts in paving promotion efforts.
· Actively engage in NRMCA and related industry committees, panels, and task groups.
· Collaborate with architects, engineers, contractors, etc. to promote ready mixed paving products.
· Performance is measured on the number of projects converted or retained as a ready mixed product through consultative support provided to decision makers.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
List years of experience required (Using a range is preferred)
10 years in related field
List degree requirements and educational requirements
Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or another related field. The equivalent professional experience and training will also be considered.
Five years' experience directly related to paving or infrastructure projects or construction materials sales preferred.
Experience working in a client- or customer-facing role.
Knowledge of pavement design and construction specifications.
· Provide training on ready mixed paving applications and promotion.
· Develop and present programs regarding alternative or new concrete technologies.
· Assist owners, engineers and other specifiers in pavement design and the drafting and adoption of specifications for ready mixed paving products.
· Provide pavement thickness designs and details.
· Provide recommended joint plans based on design criteria.
· Provide input to local paving websites.
· Develop content and promote through social media channels.
· Produce and distribute e-news articles and other periodical articles.
· Develop and maintain industry certification programs.
· Position requires significant travel (25%).
· Pack and ship heavy printed material and other supplies (50 lbs.).
· Work from home office located reasonably close to a major airport in the Southwest United States (CA, NV, UT, AZ, NM).
Arizona Rock Products Association
California Construction and Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA)
Sierra Nevada Concrete Association
California Nevada Cement Association
New Mexico Ready Mix Concrete & Aggregates Association
Utah Ready-Mixed Concrete Association
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.