Graduate Civil Engineer
Trant Engineering Limited is a multi discipline Engineering & Construction business, with offices and projects throughout the UK and Overseas. We have a number of different divisions, including; Energy, Oil & Gas, Water & Process, International and Control & Automation. We have over 700 employees and with a healthy forward order book and a projected turnover of £140m this year, it is an excellent time to join the business.
We are currently recruiting for Graduate Civil Engineers to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team on projects in the Water, Oil & Gas, Nuclear and Civils/Construction sectors. As a Graduate Civil Engineer, will be reporting to a Project Manager and responsible for supporting all technical and commercial aspects of civil engineering on site. Candidates will be qualified in Civil Engineering but will ideally have a good appreciation of all professions.
Role & Responsibilities
* Setting out of civil engineering and building works on various sites
* Promoting Health & Safety at all time and committing to continuous high standards
* Surveying tasks
* Ensuring quality control requirements are met
* Reading and understanding drawings and specifications
* Calculating quantities
* Assisting in the production of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Inspection & Test Plans
* Complying with company policies and procedures
The Trant Graduate Scheme is offered to all Graduates joining the business. This a period of training and development over 24 months, where you are assigned a mentor to carry out basic training associated with your discipline to enable you move from a Graduate Engineer, to a Junior Engineer to a fully competent Engineer.
After completing the induction, you will join your engineering teams (being guided by your mentor) and will become competent in carrying out engineering tasks. At 12 months, you will have commenced working on your professional review Initial Professional Development (IPD) and will be actively engaged in the Professional Forum. At this time you should be ready to work independently as a Junior Engineer and by 24 months you should be classified as an Engineer and likely to be mentoring your own first year Graduate.
* BEng (Hons) or MEng Civil Engineering
* Knowledge and awareness of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality
* Competent in Microsoft Office and CAD packages
* Full driving licence
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age