Our client, a multi-disciplinary Engineering Consultancy, is currently recruiting an experienced Structural Engineer to join their team in Manchester. They offer Civil and Structural Engineering services across the UK and overseas, working on many projects in the public, commercial, healthcare and residential sectors. As a Structural Engineer your role will involve:
To be considered for the Structural Engineer role you must have:
- Undertake appropriate analysis and prepare design calculations, drawings, and reports with little supervision from a Senior Engineer
- Deliver high-quality designs using engineering materials including concrete, steel, masonry, timber, etc., together with soils, foundations and drainage.
- Apply Eurocodes, current Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations, and other design codes/information as appropriate.
- Support Senior Engineers in project design from commencement to completion.
- Produce clear, hand-drawn sketches with annotations as necessary.
- Undertake thorough site investigations, complete inspections, and identify and resolve any issues as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with team members, clients, and other construction professionals regarding projects.
- Represent the company at design team meetings with clients and other construction professionals.
- If not already Chartered, work towards your Chartership with the support of your mentor and colleagues in a regular and systematic manner.
- Keep your professional development up-to-date with IPD/CPD expectations and/or Membership requirements of the IStructE and/or ICE.
- Recognise the importance of clear communication with all members of the design and/or construction team regarding matters of structural safety, and keep up-to-date with information provided by CROSS
- AutoCAD, Tekla, and Revit experience.
- BSc/BEng or equivalent degree from an ICE-approved course.
- Previous experience as a Structural Engineer in the UK
- Ideally Chartered status or working towards this
- Full UK driving licence
As a Structural Engineer, youll be required to work Monday Friday full time. Surveys will be UK-wide, so you will need to spend some time away from home on occasion. Our client is offering the successful Structural Engineer:
?????Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Salary is dependent on experience
- Bi-annual performance-related bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Flexible pay scheme
- Death in service scheme and income protection
- Free eye test vouchers
- Medical service employee wellness program
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd, acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.