Senior Civil / Structural Engineer - Contract - Berkshire / Wales
Location: Berkshire / Wales
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth as they support the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Renewable Energy sectors. The role is outside IR35.
Role & Responsibilities
* Leading a team of Civil and Structural Engineers in a range of projects covering the Oil & Gas, Petrochem and Renewable Energy sectors.
* Reporting directly into the Engineering Manager with additional lines direct to Directors of the business.
* Continuing the development and growth of the Civil / Structural team.
* Attend and manage in-house or site-based meetings and reviews.
* Acting as client interface for all key Civil / Structural enquiries regarding current or upcoming projects.
* Providing technical input to tenders and proposals as well as supporting manpower planning projections.
* Undertake engineering activities as required for studies and projects.
* Collaborate with other disciplines as part of the project multi-disciplinary engineering team.
* Undertake Client facing work on sites providing technical advice and operational support.
* Develop technical documents and scope of work packages for projects.
* Undertake design and checking of deliverables according to discipline and area of expertise.
* Liaising with Clients and managing their needs and expectations.
* Undertake short and long-term business travel in support of studies, projects and site services.
* Participate in consulting work when required.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Must have a degree in Civil and / or Structural Engineering.
* Chartered status preferred but not essential.
* Must have proven experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochem, Renewable Energy sectors or similar.
* Previous leadership / managerial experience is required.
* Knowledge of proprietary software such as Revit, STAAD Pro or Navisworks.
* Excellent salary combined with market leading benefits package and great career progressions opportunities working in a friendly but professional environment