We have a vacancy for a Junior Engineer that is passionate about starting their career journey in a consultancy environment. Our client has an established training culture and operates under a structure of coaching, mentoring and collaboration. The variety in workload and multi discipline structure presents opportunities to gain experience on a wide variety of projects.
• Develop and communicate innovative and effective design ideas
• Being aware of all environmental, legal, safety and health guidelines and requirements
• Preparing progress reports for seniors and the client
• Prepare and submit calculations and drawings for building control submission
• Working closely with the key people such as the engineering team, client, architects, site managers, etc.
• Understanding structural principles, undertaking structural calculations by hand and computer design programme as instructed by seniors
• Assist in preparing specifications, working drawings, etc.
• If requested by seniors, make regular site inspections to ensure that the work is progressing according to schedule and designs
• Assist the structural engineering manager and senior structural engineer in their work
• Knowledge about the properties and strength of the various materials like steel, timber, brick, etc. and use each of them appropriately
• Use computer software to prepare structural simulation models and how the structure will withstand different conditions
• Inspect old buildings and recommend repairs or demolition where necessary
• Work with the contractor to ensure that the newly-built structures are stable and constructed in line with the designs
• Inspect site work when required
The successful candidate:
• Minimum BEng/BSc (Hons) University Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering
• Effective time-management skills
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Effective communicator and problem solver.
• Ability to liaise with members of design / construction teams