Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Surrey - £negotiable
My client is a well-established specialist with 40 years' experience providing expert, technical advice on all matters geotechnical.
With multiple offices in the UK and a growing client base, my client is currently on the lookout for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their friendly team in Surrey.
You will be joining a friendly and dynamic team to work on a wide range of projects including mining and resource services, renewables and infrastructure and geo-environmental services. The successful candidate will be joining an extremely successful specialist consultancy with an excellent reputation and plans for further growth. Needed qualifications and experience:
Key responsibilities include:
- Relevant in degree in either: Geology/Civil Engineering
- Relevant MSc or PHd in either: Geology, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering
- Previous experience as a Consultant/Main Grade Geotechnical Engineer
- Strong background in both contracting and consultancy
- Good communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Experience in the preparation of design specifications, contract documentation and interpretative reports to current design standards
- Ability to travel to different sites
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Planning, budgeting and financial management at project level
- Team leading with the management of subcontractors
- Client business development whilst, maintaining current client relationships
- Acting as a technical expert both to clients and regulators
- Training and development of more junior staff members
- The preparation and over-seeing of Desk Study Reports and GIRs
- Offering technical advice
- Ensuring compliance of deliverables e.g. RAMS/CPP, fieldworks, testing and reports
If this position sounds of interest, please contact Beth Cook at Penguin Recruitment on: for a confidential chat or alternatively, you can send a copy of your CV to: .