About the role
As an Engineer Civil Engineering , you are expected to have a strong track record in one or, preferably, multiple sectors that BakerHicks operates in. You will ideally be working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer with experience of working on a variety of projects. Youll be part of an enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver high quality output on projects Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Skills and experience
- Provide engineering design and consultancy services on behalf of BakerHicks under the direction of the line manager or project lead.
- Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief.
- Check calculations and production of detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, project brief and customer requirements.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work and change controls as required.
- Be fully conversant with the basics of relevant British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to civils and structural loading, design and specification.
- Attend design courses and seminars and feedback to the rest of the department where required.
- Keep up to date with ICE training and CPD requirements.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Working towards Chartered or Incorporated Membership with the ICE or IStructE (or equivalent).
- Good knowledge of CIRIA 753 (The SUDS Manual), Sewers for Adoption and other relevant British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to civils design and specification.
- Considerable civil engineering design, technical detailing and specification writing experience.
Irelands largest hospital. Europes most complex station development. World-class biomedical research laboratories. At BakerHicks, we provide an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results.
Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design. Benefits
Working at BakerHicks means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, youll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development