About this Role
As an Engineer Civil Engineering , you are expected to have a strong track record in one or, preferably, multiple sectors that BakerHicks operates in. You will ideally be working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer with experience of working on a variety of projects Youll be part of an enthusiastic and committed team of Engineers and Technicians to deliver high quality output on projects. Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide engineering services design and consultancy work on behalf of Baker Hicks under the direction of the line manager or project lead.
- Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief
- Check calculations and production of detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, project brief and customer requirements.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work and change controls as required.
- Undertake design of below ground drainage design (Surface and Foul Water) using Microdrainage.
- Undertake ground modelling and design levels using Civil 3D software.
- Design and specify external works for private and adopted schemes.
- Undertake flood risk assessments (Flood Zone 1)
- Apply for and obtain Water/Highways Authorities Agreements (i.e. S104, S106, S38/278).
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects in at least one sector that BakerHicks operates in.
- Confident communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify the explanation of complex ideas.
- An ability to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders that deliver long term benefits
- Chartered or Incorporated Member of Institution of Civil Engineers (or equivalent).
- Experience of delivering multi-disciplinary projects in several sectors that BakerHicks operates in.
- Experience of contributing to bids, proposals and tender submissions.
- Understanding of commercial elements of projects.
Irelands largest hospital. Europes most complex station development. World-class biomedical research laboratories. At BakerHicks, we provide an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results.
Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design. Benefits
Working at BakerHicks means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, youll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry.
Our network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And our salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. What you get will depend on what you do, with individual performance-related rewards also on offer in addition to:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development