Our client a leading Renewable Energy Consultancy is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their team based Glagsow or Stirling on permanent basis.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to provide technical advice and solutions for onshore and offshore wind, solar battery and hydro projects both within the UK and global market. You will act as an engineer for the development, design, construction and operation of renewable energy projects.
The Design and Advisory Services (DAS) team work on projects in various markets including onshore and offshore wind, solar, battery storage and hydro projects both within the UK and global market. Our engineers provide technical advice and design services, including EIA services for new developments, detail design for new wind farm projects across the UK, lenders technical advice on renewable energy projects under construction in the European market, in particular the Nordic region, and due diligence on projects going through financing in the US.
The role is a Senior Engineer within the DAS team in the Construction Department responsible for managing, contributing and delivering engineering advice, design, due diligence and technical advice on projects. You will work within the DAS team responsible for the delivery of projects through the distribution of best practice engineering and design advice which focuses on implementing a high-quality service. This requires supporting the DAS team with civil engineering advice, analysis and design for project infrastructure.
You will input, contribute and deliver engineering advice to the following services:
* Infrastructure design including FEED studies, geometric designs and site layouts
* Earthworks assessments including cut/fill analysis and slope stability assessments
* Drainage design and assessments
* Due diligence reviews and assessments
* Transport advice including delivery access studies and traffic impact assessments
* Civil and structural engineering design
* Engineering technical advice for renewable energy projects
* Construction project safety including the preparation of design risk assessments, principal designer duties and hazard identification (HAZID) meetings, in accordance with Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
You will work with all your colleagues to help deliver the team objectives and budget for the year. This will involve the management of project resources and performance (time, cost, quality) as well as being responsible for the overall delivery of packages of work. This includes change management on projects. You will also be required to assist the team leaders with a review of project performance and input to the overall team performance. This will also include the development of team processes and procedures to ensure we are delivering our services in line with best practice.
The role requires you to prepare and input to tender proposals, as well as maintaining and developing client relationships. This may involve assisting in business development activities as required.
The role requires a mixture of working in the office and attending site.
You will maintain your CPD and training requirements to complement your workload and project requirements. This includes QESH requirements and general site management elements.
Education & Qualifications
* Degree in civil/structural/environmental engineering
* Experience in civil and structural engineering with experience of infrastructure projects
* Experience of designing and managing large scale civil engineering projects
* Post-graduate degree in engineering or science
* Experience within the renewable energy industry
Specialist Knowledge and Skills
* Civil Engineering Design and Procedures
* Civil design for the renewable energy sector
* AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD vehicle tracking
* Construction (Design and Management) 2015 knowledge in the renewable energy sector
* Project Management skills; including time and resource allocation in the renewable energy sector
* Organisation and good time management; ability to manage several projects at a time in the renewable energy sector
* Business skills and commercial awareness in the renewable energy sector
* Site-based experience within the renewable energy sector
Any additional requirements
* Right to Work in the UK
* Full and current driving licence