Professional Engineer – Capital Delivery
at The City of Fort Worth
Transportation Public Works
Pay Range: $70,308 - $91,400 annual compensation
***$3,500 Sign-On Incentive***
The City of Fort Worth is the 13th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 900,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
We have three (3) Project Manager – Capital Delivery jobs available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation Public Works Department. The selected candidates will perform construction project management and professional engineering work including assisting with project planning, executing design and construction contracts, prepare and review cost estimates as well as conduct site visits during design and construction, evaluating and approving engineering and construction documents including plans, contract documents, technical specifications, and other project documents.
The three (3) positions will be in the following areas:
- Project Manager – Thoroughfares
- Project Manager – Mobility Infrastructure Improvements
- Project Manager – Streets and Bridges
This position qualifies for the following incentive which is separate from the base pay:
- Sign-On Incentive of $3,500
The Project Manager – Capital Delivery job responsibilities include:
- Administration and monitoring of assigned projects including managing scope, budgets and schedules to ensure efficiency in project delivery
- Delivering complex engineering projects under the supervision of a Senior Professional Engineer
- Conducting design review meetings and public meetings.
- Interagency coordination with Texas Department of Transportation, Tarrant County, Public Arts Council, North Central Texas Council of Governments, Railroad companies, and other municipalities
- Coordinate with other city departments in order to facilitate and expedite project activities
- Provide support to Senior Project Managers and Program Manager as needed
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in civil engineering or related field
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible civil engineering experience of which two years must be in transportation infrastructure projects such as roadway, intersection improvements, signals, street lights, roundabouts and sidewalks
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas. (If licensed in another state, continued employment will be contingent upon obtaining registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas within six months of employment)
- Valid Driver's License.
- Knowledge of the latest version of the ASSHTO Manual for Geometric Designs of Highways and Streets
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point skills, SharePoint and One Note
- Knowledge in the use of Bluebeam software for plan review
- Working knowledge of scheduling software such as Primavera P18 (formerly known as P6)
- Risk management assessment strategist and community meeting experience
- Project Management Professional certification or Construction Management Agent certification
- Experience working in a municipal or government environment
Click on the URL to access the posting: https://grnh.se/9a2de8613us