$76,336.00 - $117,020.80 Annually
Cherokee - 51012 - Cherokee County, IA
645 Iowa Department of Transportation
10/13/2022 11:59 PM Central
Point of Contact
Darwin Bishop, Darwin.Bishop@iowadot.us
- Job Description
Only applicants who meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements and meet all selective requirements (listed below) will be placed on the eligible list.
Are you seeking to apply your knowledge and experience towards making a difference? The Iowa DOT’s Mission is Making Lives Better Through Transportation. You will have the opportunity to contribute your skills towards Iowa DOT’s five CORE values: Safety First, People Matter, Customer Focused, Servant Leadership, and Integrity Without Exception alongside a supportive team.
Location: Cherokee Resident Construction Office
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:45 AM - 4:30 PM. Hours may vary, and some overtime may be required. Some overnight travel required.
This position is eligible for a hiring incentive of over $3,800.00
As the Cherokee Resident Construction Engineer you will contribute to DOT’s mission by providing Supervision on the national award-winning construction administration team working on large, complex highway construction projects and overseeing multiple project contracts. This role will be responsible to:
You will directly support employees at our Cherokee Resident Construction Office. This team will be administering $48 million of projects to improve the bridges and roadway during the 2022 Construction Season which includes the following key projects:
- Perform technical engineering support for the Cherokee Construction Office
- Overall administration and supervision of the Cherokee Resident Construction Office which administers construction contracts on primary routes in approximately 14 counties in northwest Iowa.
- Maintain maximum efficiency in staffing and operation of the Cherokee Construction Office.
- Ensure Contractors adhere to plans, specifications, and standards requirements
- Evaluate Traffic Control and Staging needed to perform the work
- Perform audits and prepare as-built records when construction is complete
- Communicate with internal Iowa DOT staff, Contractors, utility companies, and the public
- Assist Design by collecting field data and providing input to be used in plan preparation
What We Offer You:
- US 18 Bridge Replacement near Cylinder
- HMA resurfacing of US 59 north of Cherokee
- PCC dowel bar retrofit and diamond grinding of US 59 in Cherokee
- PCC Overlay of IA 39 from Washta to US 59
- PCC Replacement of US 71 in Okoboji
- Competitive pay and benefits package including health, dental, flexible spending, and life insurance
- Insurance benefits start first of the month following 30 days of employment - Monthly insurance premium (Iowa Choice*):
Single: $54/mo. employee share; $715/mo. state share
Family: $180/mo. employee share; $1,624.00/mo. state share
*Other insurance options available. Please review HERE
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Paid time off effective immediately - Biweekly vacation, separate sick leave, accruals rollover on a yearly basis, and 10 paid holidays per year
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS) Retirement Package with employer match
- Optional 401A plan with employer contributions
- Employee Discount Programs from variety of vendors (vision, cellular, fitness, recreation, season passes, travel, counseling; legal, financial)
- Company provided vehicles for all work-related activities
Licensure: Applicant must also possess an active Iowa professional engineering license through the Iowa Professional Licensing Bureau – Engineering and Land Surveying Examination Board. Must possess and maintain a valid Iowa driver's license.
Excited to join the Iowa DOT team? Apply today!
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasonable accommodation such as: interpreter, translator, written materials, modified equipment / devices, ADA access, etc. This does not include scheduling needs.
873 Licensed Professional Engineer – Iowa Board of Engineering Examiners
Minimum Qualification Requirements
For more information visit https://plb.iowa.gov/engineering-applications-and-forms
Applicants must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements to qualify for positions in this job classification:
Additional Qualification Requirements
1) All of the following (a and b):
a. Licensure as a professional engineer; and
b. Three years of full-time professional work experience in transportation engineering or civil engineering, one year of which must have included project management or lead work responsibilities.
2) All of the following (a, b, and c):
a. Licensure as a professional engineer; and
b. Two years of full-time professional work experience in transportation engineering or civil engineering, one year of which must have included project management or lead work responsibilities; and
c. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in chemical, civil, construction, environmental, materials, structural, or transportation engineering; engineering management; or a field closely related to transportation engineering.
3) Current, continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes two years of full-time work as a Transportation Engineer.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description. (Download PDF reader)
Prior to appointment, applicants must possess active licensure as a professional engineer by the Iowa Engineering & Land Surveying Examining Board.