The San Jacinto River Authority (SJRA) is a public entity whose mission is to develop, conserve, and protect the water resources of the San Jacinto River basin. Its primary purpose is to implement long-term, regional projects related to water supply and water quality. SJRA delivers raw water to both municipal and industrial consumers and provides water treatment and wastewater services through the ownership, operation, and maintenance of infrastructure including reservoirs, groundwater wells, surface water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, lift stations, and miles of open channel and conveyance systems.
The SJRA is seeking the ideal candidate to fill the position of Project Manager 1 for our Technical Services department based out of The Woodlands, Texas.
To apply & see a complete description of duties & requirements, please visit our website at www.sjra.net/about/careers and click on “Click here to search and apply for job openings at SJRA,” then click on the appropriate job posting to apply.
The Project Manager 1 manages and completes a variety of engineering tasks to support SJRA's mission, its operating divisions, and its customers. Under general direction, this individual plans, organizes, oversees, and coordinates projects related to raw water, potable water, and wastewater infrastructure, including multi-disciplinary, multi-phase studies, capital improvement projects, and major maintenance projects from conceptual initiation through construction closeout. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs technical services as required to support the planning, development, operation, and maintenance of the various operating divisions (Lake Conroe, Flood Management, Highlands, The Woodlands and GRP Divisions). Maintains regular communications with the operating divisions advising of project status and receives comments from division managers and other division representatives.
- For assigned projects, plans and manages all aspects of the project initiation, design development, and implementation including technical research/analysis, funding and cost analyses, scheduling, public involvement, project budgeting, risk management, document management, project performance, and results. This may include the in-house development of design drawings, cost estimates, and specifications for select projects.
- Leads procurement in coordination with purchasing department for outside services when needed including development of request for proposal documents, scopes of work, project management plans, contract negotiations, and presentation of contracts for approval.
- Manages the administration, monitoring, review, and oversight of the professional, construction, and/or other miscellaneous services contracts for assigned projects. Maintains confidentiality regarding contracts, litigation, and personnel matters.
- Coordinates project assignments with graduate engineers and engineering interns. Assists engineering staff with the development, implementation, and refinement of processes, procedures, and standards.
- Reviews technical reports, studies, permit applications and bid/construction contract documents to ensure compliance with operational division needs, budget requirements, industry standards, and regulatory requirements. Ensures project compliance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and policies including the preparation of permit applications, coordination with legal counsel for project land acquisition needs, and the satisfaction of all permit requirements throughout the project life cycle.
SJRA offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision & life insurance, tuition assistance, and paid time off. Also included is a retirement savings plan in which SJRA contributes 8% automatically and matches up to an additional 4% of the employee's contribution.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program in the United States. A Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, agricultural is preferred.
- At least 7 years of practical experience in planning, permitting, design and/or construction of raw water, potable water and/or wastewater facilities or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas is required.
- Valid Texas Driver's License with insurable driving record is required.
- Project Management Professional is preferred.