Environmental Test Engineer
Contract: Permanent full-time
Salary: £30k + DOE
A fantastic opportunity to join an established global test organisation
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join and existing team of environmental engineers and technicians. This department is expanding its workload and hence an increase in headcount is required.
You will be working with the very latest in environmental test equipment to carry out various environmental tests such as thermal shock, humidity and temperature cycling amongst others.
Experience, Knowledge and Skill:
• More than one year in test and measurement to national or European standards with electro-mechanical products. However, newly qualified graduates shall be given training until they are competent at performing tests unsupervised.
• The ability to accurately record test results and write test reports.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• A good telephone manner is required with some experience of customer contact.
• Usable knowledge of the operation of PCs and associated software (especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Automated Test Software).
• Ideally, experience of using engineering workshop equipment and machines where necessary to modify parts, test equipment and fixtures.
• Experience of mechanical design of test fixtures and manufacture.
• The minimum qualification for this position is a HNC/HND or NVQ level 4 in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent scientific/engineering qualification.
• Alternatively, a proven level of experience within the field of Environmental or Mechanical testing will be considered.
• A clear and precise command of the English language or native speaker.
• 25 days annual leave pro-rata (1st December to 30th November) plus bank holidays
• Pension Scheme (5% employee contributions + 4% employer contributions)
• Life Assurance (post-probation)
• Free Parking