Our client is a Partnership where the Partners are practising engineers. Each Partner holds complete responsibility for all projects under their care and personally directs teams of chartered engineers, specialists, engineers, graduates and technicians. This personal involvement and their ability to quickly respond to client needs is what sets our clients apart.
Our clients feel are only as good as the people they employ. They know the importance of investing in their staff and making the most of the unique skills of each individual. So if you, like them, have the same passion, drive, talent and enthusiasm for good engineering, we would like to hear from you.
In return, our clients offer a working environment which is stimulating, challenging and rewarding. They would like you to see a place at their offices as a career rather than just a job. Training is provided for all staff ranging from technical seminars to other aspects which affect the working environment.
With a varied portfolio of civil works, they're seeking an Engineer with a positive and practical approach to the challenges of civil engineering to join their growing Scottish based independent partnership. Their portfolio of work includes a variety of infrastructure projects including the Forth Road Bridge, railway bridges, the River Clyde Tidal Weir, railway stations and depots; various flat deck bridges; wind farms; power stations and roads. The role requires someone who can take responsibility for their own work and is prepared to apply themselves to a range of projects drawing on their own experiences and support from the team.
* Prepare calculations and documentation for engineering projects
* Liaise with other members of the design team to achieve a co-ordinated design
* Undertake analysis and design using a range of software packages including finite element analysis such as LUSAS or Midas.
* Develop design and co-ordination skills to progress as an engineer
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
* Chartered/Incorporated or with a degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with a bias towards structures capable of direct progression to Chartered/Incorporated Engineer status with ICE or IStructE
* Relevant experience of civil and structural engineering problem solving and development of sound engineering solutions
* Good report writing, communication and numerical skills
* Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure
* Confidence and ability to take responsibility for work on projects, small and large
The role offers a structured training programme and excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. We have a clear vision for innovation and pragmatic solutions. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with a flexible benefits package