We are currently recruiting a permanent Civil Engineer for a firm of Civil Engineers in Newark to deal with an increase in workload and assist in the further development and growth of the team.
A versatile Civil Engineer with UK design experience working on regeneration projects, housing estates, or highways. Must be familiar with flood risk assessment, SUDS and drainage earthworks, S106 and S278 applications, and be knowledgeable with AutoCAD, Civils 3D, and MicroDrainage. Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working under the supervision of a Principal Engineer in the production of schematic/concept designs and calculations within defined project timescales
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Undertaking drainage and highway designs using WINDES Microdrainage, and Civils 3D (or other similar design packages).
- Production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawing information.
- Liaising with wider design team to ensure designs are fully co-ordinated.
In addition to work on traditional civil engineering design projects, there is also a requirement to undertake Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies, or other similar reports, letters and general correspondence associated with this work. This is likely also to include liaison with Statutory Bodies such as Local Water Authorities, Environment Agency or Local Authority. Key Skills:
- Consultancyexperience in highways and drainage works in the UK
- Knowledgeable with highways layouts (vertical and horizontal)
- Competent in using AutoCAD, Civils 3D or PDS, MicroDrainage or Causeway Flow
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments
- Able to communicate with suppliers, contractors, the public, clients and colleagues
- Able to present technical work in meetings and presentations
- Able to check and assign the work of technician
What you get in return:
- Must hold a degree in Civil Engineering (ideally 2:1) or equivalent experience.
- Holds or is working towards a professional qualification i.e. MICE/ AMICE or equivalent
- Must be IT literate with experience of infrastructure design software packages.
- Must be technically competent Skills and Abilities:
- Determination to find solutions to problems
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients Ability to develop client relationships
- Must hold a valid driving licence
A very competitive salary with the usual benefits associated with a company of this stature What To Do Next
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the link to apply.
If you are interested in hearing about other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, then please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now at or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.