SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
Our client provides a modern client-focused multidisciplinary consultancy which includes geo-environmental, traffic and transportation, rail and planning.
Our clients are currently looking to appoint a Senior Structural Engineer to join the Edinburgh Office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK's leading private Engineering Consultancies working for clients on a variety of projects spanning commercial, retail, residential and industrial sectors.
* Leading projects in the office from small to medium scale.
* Liaise with and lead other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the Clients objectives.
* Structural engineering assessment and inspection of new and existing properties in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
* Undertake analysis and design using a range of software packages.
* Ensure that quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc) is maintained.
* Prepare high quality technical reports including structural surveys.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
* 5 to 6 years post degree experience, and nearing professionally qualified or have obtained incorporated or equivalent professional institution status.
* Varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types (steel, concrete, timber and masonry experience preferred).
* Experience in the use of Eurocodes.
* Excellent report writing, communication and numerical skills.
* Experience of structural analysis design and software.
This role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV today