Full Job Description
Marino Engineering Associates (MEA) is a geotechnical company with a longstanding tradition that performs innovative and state-of-the-art work. Over the past 40 years, MEA’s well qualified staff have been providing mine subsidence engineering due to mine or karst, field and monitoring services, subsurface investigations, shallow and deep foundation systems, design of earth retaining structures, underground excavations, mine subsidence risk and damage potential, 2D & 3D advanced numerical analyses, rock engineering, soil-structure interaction analyses of geohazards effects on transmission and distribution pipelines, and forensic engineering.
MEA is currently seeking a geotechnical engineer or mining engineer to meet the growth needs of the company. The ideal candidate for this position is an individual passionate about geotechnical/mining engineering, learning advanced technologies, and has a desire to lead by example.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform geotechnical/geological evaluations
- Perform engineering analyses and calculations
- Write, prepare and review proposals and reports for projects of varying size and complexity
- Assist team in preparing designs, drawings, specifications, presentations, and reports
- Prepare geotechnical and foundation reports, specifications, contract drawings, and visual aids
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Geotechnical Engineering OR Master’s degree in Mining Engineering with focus on subsidence and/or ground control
- Relevant technical experience in Geotechnical engineering or Mining engineering and/or numerical analyses
- Familiar with soil and rock mechanics principles
- Have report writing skills
- Ability to work effectively with other engineers and technicians in geotechnical/mining, subsidence, and forensic engineering projects
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communications skills
- Must be personable and able to communicate with clients and staff at all levels
- Familiar with geotechnical or mining modeling software packages (e.g., FLAC, Geostudio, Plaxis, Rocsience Products, etc.)
- Familiar with subsidence profile developments, foundation engineering design, soil and rock mechanics tests
- Ability to develop proposals and scopes, programming supervision, quality control, and budget management
- 0 to 5 years of employment experience in geotechnical engineering or mining engineering
Why join MEA?
MEA is a high-end company, which focuses on career development of employees resulting from working on complex projects, in-house awards, professional papers, and specialized training. MEA offers comprehensive benefits to full-time employees and offers competitive salaries matching the experience of the applicants.
MEA has a great culture of collaboration and teamwork. It is our desire that our employees should succeed professionally and personally. In doing so, MEA provides opportunities for growth where you will be able to continue developing your interests and skills while working alongside some of the greatest minds and hard-working individuals.
It is the policy of MEA to employ, retain, promote, terminate, and otherwise treat any and all job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence. This policy shall be applied without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental condition or handicap (which can be reasonably accommodated), or other legally protected employee status. MEA prohibits any discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of that person’s race, national origin, sex, age, marital status, religious beliefs, physical or mental condition, handicap, or other legally protected status.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, please send your cover letter and qualifications along with your resume to the email listed (email@example.com) indicating the position title that you are applying for in the subject line.