Water and Waste Water Engineer
Salary Depending upon experience
If you are an experienced Chemical or Process Engineer with a passion for utilities engineering and sustainability and experience within the water industry, then we want to talk to you!
As a result of our success, we are thriving in all business areas and have exciting plans for 2022 and beyond. Projective has an immediate requirement for ambitious Water and Waste Water Engineers, specifically with experience in the municipal water industry.
Initially, as part of this role, there will be a requirement to be seconded and embedded into the team of one of our main municipal water clients, to assist in developing and delivering their energy reduction programme across their UK water and waste water sites.
Further to this secondment, there will be the opportunity to work within our project teams, working on complex industrial sites, analysing existing systems performance, designing new solutions, and delivering projects with large-scale manufacturing clients globally. A significant volume of this work will be integrating the latest new technology for low and zero-carbon solutions into these established facilities.
To be successful, you will have at least 2 years work experience within a municipal water and/or waste water environment. Experience of process design and operation of several types of process systems such as pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, vessels, pressure systems, refrigeration and compressed gasses.
If this sounds exciting to you, we encourage you to apply and highlight why within in your application.
Essential Skills and Interests:
* Experience of managing a programme of works on behalf of a client/3rd party
* Experience of being in a dynamic client-facing role
* Knowledge of and proven appreciation/passion for energy-saving strategies.
* Ability to work independently and self-manage to meet project deadlines and budgets.
* Ability to analyse and present process and operation data
* Ability to produce heat & mass balance calculations
* Identification of energy reduction opportunities within the water industry
* Experience of project management - scope, time and cost management
* Experience of preparing project and programme documentation, writing reports and giving presentations
* Knowledge of water treatment and distribution systems including pumping system design & pump selection, water treatment processes and reservoir modelling.
* Knowledge of waste water treatment including pumping systems, waste water treatment, sludge treatment, biogas generation and CHP & associated plant.
* Solutions oriented with a flexible 'can-do' approach to work.
* Keen to broaden, update and acquire new skills.
Qualifications and Additional Requirements:
* Masters or Bachelors degree 2:1 or higher
* Excellent and demonstrable written, verbal and presentational skills
* Resident in the UK
* Current driving licence and access to a car
Relevant qualifications should be demonstrated on your application along with main areas of interest for future development.
What can you expect at Projective?
Opportunity to immerse yourself in a busy professional environment where both your technical skills and your professional credibility will be developed, acknowledged and enriched.
A diverse, client-led workload including some notable high-profile international companies.
A supportive and practical mentorship with tailored career path and measurable success metrics on your route to become a Chartered Engineer.
Part of a dedicated, loyal and highly skilled team where you are appreciated and given recognition with plenty of peer support.
Friendly and professional company who have high values and a business model to ensure your career success.
Membership to professional institute paid for, with exposure and training to a variety of interesting projects.
Competitive salary and benefits including regular reviews, and a bonus based on company success.
Who are Projective Ltd?
Projective Ltd is an innovative, fast-growing process and engineering consultancy, specialising in utilities and process engineering projects. We deliver consultancy, engineering design and project delivery services. Our clients range from large blue-chip companies to SME's in the UK and overseas. Projective works with the latest technologies and ground-breaking designs to bring sustainable and innovative solutions to our clients.
The role is full-time, with the requirement to travel to client sites around the UK. Applicants are expected to show existing eligibility to work and have access to their own transport.
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to open an informal conversation with us, please reach out today for a confidential chat.
Projective do not accept applicants and unsolicited interest via Recruitment Agencies.
Job Ref: HR_JED_Municipal Water & Waste Water Engineer_R1
In order to continue your application, please click 'Apply' now