Bridge Recruitment's client, a family run Civil Engineering Consultancy, based in Birmingham or Nottingham, with a 35-year history, is seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer.
Our client works with main-contractors and land developers nationwide.
The Nottingham HQ delivers roughly 70 projects a year.
The Birmingham office, where you will be based, delivers around 10-15. Predominantly new build and temporary work within the commercial/industrial sector.
You will ideally be a Chartered Engineer or working towards being one. This would suit a candidate who is looking to develop to an Associate Director.
You will have previously worked for a consultancy to fully understand the complexities of the role however, a main-contract background will be considered.
You will be 95% focused on design via AutoCAD & PDS (part of Causeway) with some slight Project Management duties.
You will have experience with groundworks, flood assessments, drainage. You will preferably have a background in highways with roundabouts and junctions. You will have at least 6 years' experience via the above requirements
You will be confident and highly assertive. You will be eager to attend client/site meetings as much as possible along with networking events wherever possible.
You will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) have a great attention to detail with a range of technical skills.
You will be reporting directly to the Branch Director and Head of Civil Engineering. You will manage a team of 3-4 Engineers after 3-6 months.
The Civil Engineering Department is responsible for the delivery of drainage, highways, external works and earthwork designs, flood risk and transportation assessments for a range of developments, including residential, commercial, industrial, education and healthcare, throughout the U.K.
To be considered for the role you will have a good degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of six years relevant post-graduation experience. Ideally a Chartered Civil Engineer, but this is not essential for the right applicant.
The ideal candidate should:
* be proficient in Drainage and Infrastructure Design, including landform appraisal, and cut/fill analysis.
* have a thorough understanding of Adoption Procedures, including Section 104, 38 and 278 Agreements.
* have experience of Flood Risk Assessments and Report Writing, including knowledge of NPPF. Knowledge of FEH, HEC-RAS would be advantageous.
* be computer literate with a working knowledge of AutoCAD, PDS and MicroDrainage/Flow.
* be able to manage a team of Engineers and Technicians whilst also maintaining a hands-on approach to Engineering and problem solving.
* be able to communicate at company board level and demonstrate commercial, negotiation and selling skills.
* have experience of business development, budget preparation and client management.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and hard working. You will be expected to manage the department effectively to meet deadlines, manage projects, assist in the financial control of projects within the department, deal with Clients and other colleagues, and attend meetings.
The company offers an annual salary of £45,000 - £60,000 DOE.
All site visit travel expenses covered, a gym membership and re-imbursement of professional memberships.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33 in total) Christmas shut down offers additional holiday.
The working week is Monday - Friday, 9-5 with an early Friday finish. (36 hours per week).
Please apply direct or call Robert Lawton (phone number removed)