GBR Recruitment Ltd are working in partnership with a multi discipline building & surveying practice that is going through a substantial growth period, recruiting for an experienced time served Structural Engineer (Structural Engineering MEng Hons Degree) to work across Berkshire & other surrounding areas commutable from there.
This is an unrivalled professional Structural Engineering opportunity, within an award winning organisation boasting platinum investor in people status, offering a family feel vibrant working atmosphere, along with real career progression plans plus modern flexible work / life balance working patterns (they will consider home based, part office based or full time office based).
The company is part of a Group PLC, so it has the family business type feel partnered with the strength, power & support of a major PLC giving the business the edge over many companies within this competitive built environment sector.
If you want to develop your career to the highest heights, then this is the company to offer just that, with them promoting from within 9 out of 10 times, for instance all their Board of Directors are long term employees that have climbed the ranks as it is a people centric business that believes its core strengths are in its people.
This is also a highly varied interesting & fun Structural Engineering role that will be working closely with an array of diverse clients on an array of differing projects, end users being Insurance Companies (Insurance Claims Surveying), Large Corporations, Estate Managers, High Net Worth Individuals & Property Owners covering both Public & Private sectors.
* Undertaking of technical and feasibility studies & site investigations
* Using software for detailed structural designs aswell as hand calculations
* Liaison with clients, architects, specifiers, designers & others
* Preparation of contract documents plus management of bids / tenders.
* Resolving design and development problems effectively.
* Management of project budgets, project resources & project timescales.
* Ensuring that all projects comply with legal requirements including CDM2015, Party wall, Listed buildings etc.
* Assessment of sustainability & environmental impact of projects
* Contribute to the company's sales / marketing objectives & targets
* Assisting directors with training and development of the engineering team
* Inspection / Supervision of construction work on site under contract, preparation of interim and final accounts, claim and practical completion
* Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or other related qualifications
* Experienced Structural Engineer or a Chartered Structural Engineer, with a wide range of post qualification experience, either considered
* Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams would be beneficial
* Excellent computer skills with a good knowledge of AutoCAD
* Good working knowledge of current building standards / codes of practice
* Understanding of traditional and current building technologies
* Experience and extensive working knowledge of consulting engineering, surveying, architectural & planning practices and procedures supported by an awareness of the latest statutory requirements, technical publications and guidelines.
* Experience in negotiation, supervisory and leadership roles.
* Experience in working to deadlines and within budgets on small and large scale project works.
Employee Benefits Include:
* Annual Bonus paid each & every year, an increase on the basic salary
* Contributory Pension Scheme (to 7.5%)
* 33 Days Holiday (inc. Bank Hol's)
* Training & Career Development Plan for all (IIP)
* Flexible Working Conditions (home or office)
* Regular Company Social Events & Team Building Events
The client will consider Structural Engineers of all levels so please dont be shy, Apply