We have a great opportunity for a project manager to work with one of the largest civil engineering and infrastructure specialists across the water, transport, built environment and energy sectors. Our Client is currently seeking a Design Engineer to join their team in Thorpe Wood House or the Northampton location, hybrid working may be discussed for this role however it is not a guarantee.
Researching and developing insight to drive solutions, you'll take account of any pre-construction information, eliminate foreseeable health and safety risks to anyone affected by the project and take steps to reduce or control any risks that cannot be eliminated. You will always be applying sound engineering judgement, you'll be accustomed to traditional ways of working whilst driving and implement innovative and new ways of working.
Some of the main responsibilities include:
• Undertake problem research and definition including navigating, collecting, and interpreting information relevant to projects and design problems
• Organise testing and surveys when required
• Work with the team to find effective, simple, safe, and efficient solutions to clearly defined problems
• Organise, chair and minute design reviews and progress meetings
• Create and contribute to relevant Design documents including P&ID, GA's, Layouts, Specifications, and schedules
• Add to the library of understanding of problems and solutions
• Bring innovations into the assets base
The 4 key Accountabilities for this role include:
1 - Problem research and definition. Be able to navigate, collect, and interpret information relevant to the problem.
2 - Potential solution development. Work with the team to find effective, simple, safe, efficient solutions to clearly defined problems. Use imagination, scientific principles and teamwork. Practical application of the principles of hazard prevention as required by relevant regulations.
3 - Production of design documents. Creation and contribution of relevant Design documents including P&ID, GA's, Layouts, Specifications, and schedules.
4 - Transformation. Add to the library of understanding of problems and solutions.
• Degree in relevant technical field
• Membership of relevant professional body
• Creative problem solving
• Production of clear design documents
• Highly numerate with university level applied mathematics
• Professional experience as a designer in the construction industry