Location(s) Croydon or Swindon Contract type Permanent
RPS is looking for a Leakage Engineer to join our Water Operations Division. Our team of Leakage Engineers are at the at the heart of our strategic priorities - to deliver great work for our clients by providing excellent customer service and executing complex operational tasks. Whether you are just starting out or taking the next step in your career, this position provides an opportunity for you to progress with RPS
We're RPS, our projects are all around you. We define, design, and manage projects that create shared value to a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Our people are our success. We need people who share our passion on solving the problems that matter. And where you'll be supported every step of the way. Here is where you come to build a career. What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for?
- Reporting to the Team Leader, you will ensure the delivery of leakage reduction by using your expertise to resolve complex operational issues that will include detecting both proactive and reactive leaks on our clients' network using a combination of methods
- Assess, diagnose, and determine the most appropriate solution to reduce leakage and fully support the delivery of regulatory targets and work to pinpoint leakage with a level of accuracy that delivers a great service for clients
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is maintained
- Achieving KPI targets and delivering leakage detection/reduction within DMA's
- Attending excavations requested by R&M to assist leak location
- Training and mentoring assistant leakage Technicians
- Assuming responsibility for general admin tasks, i.e., electronic timesheets submissions, weekly vehicle checks and defect reporting
- Forming and maintaining excellent working relationships with colleagues, contractors, and the client
- At least 2 years' experience working in a similar role and able to understand water network schematics/leak noise correlators and plans with good all-round knowledge of water network hydraulics, leakage detection techniques, monitoring/reporting of leakage levels and other issues associated with the clean water industry
- Knowledge of utility tracing, noise logging and step-testing planning/operation and experience of leakage monitoring - pressure/flow and flow data capture techniques and methods, and willing to learn new methods
- Able to work well under pressure and to conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and high levels of standards
- Team player who w ants to solve problems within defined procedures and is flexible, co-operative attitude to working and giving and receiving help and sharing knowledge
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focussed and able to build and maintain great working relationships
- Able to work quickly and accurately report on findings
- Full UK driving licence
Please note mandatory drugs and alcohol tests are undertaken for this role What's in it for you?
Here you'll find true support and encouragement. We're an accredited training provider and we support learning and development for everyone. A personal development plan and a transparent career pathway puts you in the driving seat of your career and you'll be supported as far as you want to go.
We encourage and value different ideas, perspectives, and styles of thinking. We need a mix of experiences and skills to develop the most innovative ideas. We respect one another and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. You'll be joining a diverse community and a company that puts its people first and prioritises their wellbeing. What happens next?
If we feel you are a good match, we will be in touch to arrange a competency interview.
If this opportunity suits your career journey, we'd love to hear from you. All applications will be considered, and if you'd like to discuss the role in more detail, please apply and we will be in touch
Ready to apply? Please have your CV ready and continue with your application online. Health and Safety
This role may involve:
- Moving heavy items including manhole covers
- Working in all weather conditions (this could include night work also)