Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a permanent position for an Offshore Wind Primary Steel Senior Engineer - to join a world leading Engineering client, to work in any of their regional UK offices in either Aberdeen, Bristol, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow or London.Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Working with a team of experienced engineers on design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects.
- Supporting the innovation and development of our designs, design tools and client offerings.
- Understanding stress and structural analysis, offshore design codes, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on analysis models.
- Producing and providing quality assurance for technical reports, calculations, and analysis models.
- Providing technical input to support our bidding teams for future projects.
- Guiding and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Solving technical problems, and ultimately leading the delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
- Maintaining existing and developing new client relationships.
- Communication, innovation and delivery skills
- Previous experience in primary steel design (required).
- Experience working for an offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI contractor.
- Awareness of the interfaces between turbine loads, turbines and foundation.
- Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering, relevant Offshore Wind design codes and certification requirements
- Linear or non-linear offshore structural analysis & FEA (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) - SESAM, USFOS, Bladed, SACS, Abaqus (or similar).
- Possible occasional need to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders.
- Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ideally Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc), or actively working towards chartership.